Employment > Help Wanted|
Posted: Mon, 30 Jun 2014 at 00:00 PDT
Last Modified: Thu, 26 Jun 2014 at 11:48 PDT
Multimedia Sales Representatives (Palo Alto)
Embarcadero Media is headquartered in Palo Alto and operates diverse media enterprises, including the region's most respected and award-winning community newspapers and specialty publications, websites and e-mail marketing products.
Locally-owned and independent for 34 years, we publish the Palo Alto Weekly, Mountain View Voice and Almanac on the Peninsula and the Pleasanton Weekly. In each of these communities our papers are the dominate, best-read and most respected among its various competitors. We also operate extremely popular interactive community news and information websites in all of our cities, plus unique online-only operations in Danville and San Ramon. Our flagship website, Palo Alto Online (http://paloaltoonline.com), attracts more than 150,000 unique visitors and 600,000 page views a month.
As the first newspaper in the United States to publish on the web back in 1994, the Palo Alto Weekly is recognized throughout the state and nation as a leader in transforming from a print- only news organization to a innovative multimedia company offering advertisers and readers new and effective products. In 2013, the Weekly was judged the best large weekly newspaper in the state by the California Newspaper Publishers Association. Its web operation, Palo Alto Online, was judged the best newspaper website in California.
The Palo Alto Weekly and Embarcadero Media are seeking smart, articulate and dedicated experienced and entry-level sales professionals who are looking for a fast-paced and dynamic work environment of people committed to producing outstanding journalism and effective marketing for local businesses.
As a Multimedia Account Executive, you will contact and work with local businesses to expand their brand identity and support their future success using marketing and advertising opportunities available through our 3 marketing platforms: print campaigns, website advertising and email marketing.
The ideal candidate is an organized and assertive self-starter who loves working as a team to beat sales goals and possesses strong verbal, written, persuasive and listening interpersonal skills and can provide exceptional customer service.
Duties, responsibilities and skills include:
* Understands that the sales process is more than taking orders
* Has a strong understanding of how consumers use the Internet
* Can effectively manage and cover a geographic territory of active accounts while constantly canvassing competitive media and the market for new clients via cold calling
* Can translate customer marketing objectives into creative and effective multi-media advertising campaigns
* Ability to understand & interpret marketing data to effectively overcome client objections
* Understands the importance of meeting deadlines in an organized manner
* Can manage and maintain client information in our CRM database system, is proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel and has knowledge of the Internet and social media
* Ability to adapt objectives, sales approaches and behaviors in response to rapidly changing situations and to manage business in a deadline-driven environment
Compensation includes base salary plus commission, health benefits, vacation, 401k and a culture where employees are respected, supported and given the opportunity to grow.
To apply, submit a personalized cover letter and complete resume to: Tom Zahiralis, Vice President, Sales and Marketing, Embarcadero Media, 450 Cambridge Ave., Palo Alto, CA 94306. E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org