Employment > Help Wanted|
Posted: Wed, 09 Jul 2014 at 11:55 PDT
Last Modified: Wed, 09 Jul 2014 at 11:55 PDT
Operations/Marketing Manager (Los Altos / Los Altos Hills)
Peninsula Symphony’s mission is to enrich the lives of people in our community with inspiring, innovative, high-quality musical presentations at affordable prices, and to promote music education through engaging programs for children and adults. Established in 1949, the Peninsula Symphony is an 85-member professionally trained, volunteer orchestra led by Music Director and Conductor Mitchell Sardou Klein.
Our Home Concert Series presented at the San Mateo Performing Arts Center in San Mateo and at the Flint Center in Cupertino features guest performances by some of the most outstanding established and young soloists performing today.
The Bridges to Music educational outreach program is how we engage with the community to ensure that individuals from across the socio-economic spectrum in Santa Clara and San Mateo Counties are able to experience the beauty and transformative power of live music performance.
Position Title and Summary
The Operations/Marketing Manager plans and manages all internal and external marketing activities, is responsible for all aspects of concert production and oversees ticketing, business and financial operations of the organization. This full time position reports to Chair Board of Directors and works closely with the Board Treasurer.
Major Areas of Responsibility
• Ticket sales including the enrichment of the patron experience and cultivating a sense of community.
• Create and implement all marketing activities
• Coordinate and manage all aspects of concert production
• Oversee financial accounting and controls
• Oversee education and community outreach program and staff
Specific Responsibilities of the Job
Ticket sales including the enrichment of the patron experience and cultivating a sense of community.
• Plan and implement a year-round single tickets sales campaign
• Conduct audience and market research as needed; develop strategies based on survey analyses. Provide statistical and demographic information to the Board as requested.
• Oversee the planning and development of special public relations events and new subscriber activities; coordinate with volunteers to carry out the events.
• Manage the box office and ticket office operations. Ensure friendly, courteous service and customer satisfaction in ticket transactions; engage in customer research if needed to establish sales/return policies. Direct the development of internal information systems to ensure accurate and efficient ticketing systems; provide periodic ticket sales reports as requested. Oversee annual configuring of ticket pricing, ticket design, etc. in SeatAdvisor.
• Develop pricing strategies and policies that fulfill revenue/attendance goals. Research and recommend any special ticketing policies (i.e., exchanges) and subscription series makeup.
• Actively engage new subscribers, single ticket buyers, and group sales patrons to build a greater sense of community between the Symphony and the patrons we serve.
• Plan and implement all aspects of season subscription and renewal campaigns, including direct mail and e-communications (eblasts, Facebook, etc.)
• Plan and implement a year-round single tickets sales campaign, including the design and placement of print and electronic advertising, special promotions, and corporate sales. Oversee the work of outside contractors; provide periodic progress reports.
• Oversee the development of a group sales program and other targeted ticket sales programs; monitor and report on results.
Create and implement all marketing activities
• Develop and maintain relationships with local business and arts leaders to enhance marketing and public relations efforts. Work to enhance public understanding of and support for the unique role of the orchestra in the community.
• Oversee the development and production of all materials used to support the public relations events and marketing campaigns, including subscription brochures, print ads, posters, signs, electronic media advertising copy, telemarketing scripts, press releases, newsletters, program book, annual report, and special promotions. Ensure the quality, consistency, and accuracy of all Association communications.
• Develop program for communicating the Symphony's plans and activities to the media and establish positive contacts with local media outlets.
• Plan and manage all marketing activities, including but not limited to: public relations (press, program books, and newsletters); advertising (print, electronic, and media); season subscription and renewal campaigns (direct mail, telemarketing); all ticket sales (including box office management); audience research; new subscriber activities; and merchandising.
• Responsible for planning, supervising, administering, and evaluating programs that meet or exceed attendance and ticket revenue goals for orchestra events and maximizing the visibility of the orchestra, consistent with Board determined policies and long-range objectives.
Coordinate and manage all aspects of concert production
• Secure dates for and sign contracts with concert venues
• Make final contract agreements and sign contracts with guest artists or their agents
• Arrange for any housing and transportation requirements for guest artists
• Oversee front of house patron services and activities (will call, information tables, coordination with Head Usher, etc.)
Oversee financial accounting and controls
• Responsible for the business and financial operations of the organization, including financial planning, control, and reporting.
• In collaboration with Managing Director, responsible for the preparation of the annual operating budget and long-range plan financial projections, monthly financial statements, banking relations, information systems management, facilities operations, and the administration of payroll, employee benefits, and personnel policies.
• Provide staff support to the Marketing and Finance Committees of the Board and maintain contact with Board members by attending all board meetings and providing a monthly report, including financial statements
• Establish a system of timely deposits, sales reports, ticket audits, and concert settlements.
Oversee education and community outreach program and staff
• Supervise part time Bridges to Music Program Coordinator, who arranges in school assemblies, annual Family Concert, and two youth competitions
• Assist with outreach to community and ethnic groups through the promotion of outreach concerts, disbursement of complimentary Family Passes, etc.
• At least 2-3 years experience in ticket sales and marketing
• Degree in area of financial management, marketing or business preferred
• Familiarity with Quick Books and experience with SeatAdvisor or other professional ticketing database required. Constant Contact and Microsoft Office Suite desirable.
• Experience in creating and monitoring program budgets
• Handle A/R and A/P and produce financial statements, budget projections and analysis for Board of Directors
• Ability to both lead a team and to work collaboratively with other senior staff
• Ability to ensure a positive experience for patrons before, during, and after attendance at a performance through the use email, phone, and in-person engagement strategies
• Experience working with Boards of Directors helpful
Competitive salary and excellent benefits including: health and dental insurance, paid time off and holidays.
To apply send resume, letter of interest that contains an example of achievement in one of the areas of responsibility, and two references by email to: email@example.com with a cc to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Peninsula Symphony is an equal opportunity employer.
Position open until filled.
This position description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work to be performed. But, this job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position.